António Campinos will be the new EPO President from June 2018
Benoît Battistelli, the current President of the European Patent Office (EPO) will be ending his 5-year term as the EPO President in the end of May 2018. The Administrative Council of the European Patent Organisation has elected Portuguese António Campinos to fulfill his position as the EPO President.
Source to the photo.
Currently working as Executive Director of the European Union Intellectual Property Office (EUIPO), António Campinos has several years of experience in the field of intellectual property. Before his position in the EUIPO, he has been serving as the President of the Portuguese Institute of Industrial Property (INPI), representing Portugal in the Administrative Council of EPO.
European Patent Office
The European Patent Office represents the executive body and is one of the organs of the European Patent Organisation. Its main tasks include granting of the European Patents under the European Patent Convention. Furthermore, it establishes search reports for national patent applications for some Contracting States and organizes the European qualifying examination (EQE) for professional patent representatives. The EPO is headquartered in Munich and it has more than 6,500 employees from more than 34 countries.
Source to the photo.
Link to the press release of the EPO can be found here.
- "Neuschwanstein" is not a trademark!
- 1 December 2017: Madrid Monitor takes its place as the one and only tool for tracking international trademarks
- 1 January 2020 - Changes in Classifications - Trademarks, Designs, Patents and Utility Models
- 100th Anniversary of Bavaria (Germany) - A glance at trademarks, start-ups, innovation & events
- 10th Anniversary Edition - 10 Things to Know about LexDellmeier - Past, Present & Future
- 14 June 2013: Munich Patent Law Conference - Calculating Damages in Patent Infringement Cases
- 15 Top Brands - Interactive Brand Rating - Years 2000 - 2018
- 2014: Statistics for Community Trademarks
- 27 June 2014: Munich Patent Law Conference – Burden of Pleading and Proof in Patent Infringement Cases
- 3D-Trademark Protection for layout of Apple Stores